Susan G. Komen® remains committed to fulfilling our promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever through empowering people, ensuring quality care for all, and energizing science to find the cures. Susan G. Komen® is focused on reducing breast cancer incidence and mortality within the next decade with increased emphasis on finding solutions for disparities in breast cancer across populations. With funds raised by Susan G. Komen® Inland Empire, community grants will be made to support evidence-based strategies and promising practices to reduce disparities in breast cancer mortality in the Inland Empire. Click to view the most recent Komen Inland Empire 2011 Community Profile.
Here in the Inland Empire, up to 75 percent of the funds donated remain here in Riverside and San Bernadino Counties to fund important breast health programs and services for uninsured and underinsured people. The remaining 25 percent of each dollar donated funds the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Award & Research Grant Program. In fact, next to the U.S. government, Susan G. Komen is the largest funder of breast cancer research in the world.
The 2014-2015 Komen Inland Empire Community Grants Request for Applications (RFA) is now available. Please click here to view the 2014-2015 Komen IE Community Grant RFA. The Community Grant Application becomes available in GeMS on October 7, 2013. Applications are due by November 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST in GeMS.
To view the RFA for the 2013-2014 Komen Inland Empire Small Grants Program, please click here. The Small Grants Program is open year-round.
If you have questions or require assistance troubleshooting, please contact the Komen IE Mission Programs Manager, at (951) 676-7465.